Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Constipated baby? Don't be like me.

When Claire was a few months old, Matt was CONVINCED that she was constipated. She had a hard belly and was cranky. Even though all she ever ate was breast milk, he was convinced. I tried telling him over and over, breast fed babies don't get constipated. I swore to him, it doesn't happen. He didn't believe me. He said he was going to go out and buy something to help her. Problem was, it was Christmas.
He drove to Giant Eagle, Walmart, gas stations....everywhere. Of course nothing would be open. All he wanted was prunes and he couldn't find them. He came home angry, frustrated and tired.

Yesterday, I fed Luca meatloaf for dinner. I cut them up into little pieces and it's so soft he just mushes it down. Problem was, he ended up truly constipated.
It was rainy and cold and I just didn't feel like going to the store for some overpriced baby prunes. This time, I was prepared.
I placed several prunes into a bowl of water and let them soak for about an hour. Then I put them and some water into the food processor and voila! Prunes for a baby.

Luca is happy, I'm happy and his belly is happy. I'll never have another Christmas mishap, ever again.

No comments: